Supply Chain Business Continuity Amidst The Corona Virus Pandemic.
The outbreak of COVID-19 is an unprecedented event in the recent history. With this global pandemic at the doorstep of our country, we at Roche India remain steadfast in our commitment to serve India and our patients across the globe.
Healthcare is seeing a challenge today formerly unknown by any country. While we understand the challenges currently for all of us, we strongly believe in the efforts of the healthcare professionals in India and around the globe. As each of us is dealing with this situation on a personal front, the healthcare professionals remain steadfast at the frontlines.
At Roche India, we remain committed to our patients as strongly as ever. These are indeed unique times, thus our steps to tackle COVID-19 situation has multiple aspects to ensure that our patients are not impacted. We are taking urgent steps to minimize disruption in the supply of our medicines across the country.
Here are some steps we have taken to continue our battle against healthcare challenges including COVID-19:
- In order to ensure supply of free medicines to the patients enrolled in our patient support programs (PSP), currently we have moved from a centralized dispatch system to a decentralized model through our local distributors based in major cities of India. Our PSP teams are closely working with these local distributors to make sure that all the patients under Roche PSP are provided with the eligible free medicines.
- We are collaborating with Global & Regional Supply Chain teams and local CHA for exploring import of critical shipments through 'International Cargo flights’
- We are in touch with HCPs and following up for timely medicine supplies both for new as well as patients due to receive medicines
- Our teams are in constant touch with the caregivers and updating them on the status of fresh orders
- We are prioritizing sites with immediate Investigational Medicinal Product (IMP) shipment requirements and also reviewing IMP forecast for next 3-6 months.
- We are connected with Diagnostic team colleagues to set a proper channel for COVID-19 Kit information
We will continue to take many more steps towards a better and healthier world for all of you.
We are with you in your journey to overcome this ordeal.
Stay Safe, Stay Calm, Stay Healthy!